While it’s been popular in the past to bring the outdoors inside using trees and floral arrangements, a recent trend for many wedding venues is to create a homey space outdoors. Indeed, guests don’t need to rough it just because you’ve chosen to host your ceremony or reception outside.
Your outdoor venue can become more comfortable, as well as more stylish, with these helpful tips.
1. Cover your chairs: Seating can be made more comfortable and look much more elegant than you might expect. All it takes is stylish chair covers, which can be easily rented to accommodate any size wedding.
2. Dress up your tables: Rented linens provide an essential touch of class to any outdoor venue, setting the right stage for your tableware and special centerpieces. Choose colors to complement your reception’s theme and floral arrangements or any other decor.
3. Protect against the elements: Plan for the time of year in your area and you can weather almost any circumstances. Even if the forecast is warm and sunny, you’ll still want a tent and/or table umbrellas, if not to safeguard against a possible shower, to tame the sunshine. You can even rent misting fans to help your guests stay cool.
4. Provide a foundation: A variety of flooring will ensure the safety of the bride’s train and sure footing, even for those sporting heels. Floor mats and decking can help guests navigate the terrain from the parking lot to the venue. Multiple choices include tiles, carpet, turf or even a portable dance floor that can turn your backyard into a nightclub.
5. Light up the night: For an evening outdoor event, stringing lights or lanterns is often insufficient. You’ll want your guests to be able to see — and photograph — your special day. Renting adequate uplighting for your nighttime reception is a must-do. Focus on important areas such as the dance floor, the table where the cake will be presented, buffet tables or special floral arrangements.
6. Homey furniture: Rent couches or chairs to create a seating area where family members can gather and greet guests, or your tired bride or groom can put up their feet for a few minutes while they chat with guests. Stage the area with a coffee table set up with the guest book so guests can sit comfortably while they jot their well wishes.